Local Attractions in Newquay, Cornwall
Fun and activities for all to enjoy!
Newquay boasts eleven of the finest beaches in the UK and has become the mecca for surfers around the country. A list of all the beaches in the area can be accessed using the following link:
If you're looking for surfing lessons during your stay, visit:
www.offshoresurfschool.com and book with one of the longest running surf schools in Newquay.
The nearest beach, Lusty Glaze which is just 5 minutes' walk away and gives visitors access to a whole host of activities including surfing, coasteering, abseiling, rock climbing and one of Europe's longest,
highest and fastest zip wires.
Other nearby beaches include Fistral, which hosts the Ripcurl Boardmasters, Europe's largest surf, skate and music festival, and Watergate Bay, another favourite with surfers with its two miles of golden sand.
You can eat out at one of the numerous restaurants available in Newquay. To get a full list go to:
There is also a wide selection of takeaways available, from pizzas to fish and chips, burgers to curries.
There's plenty to do in Newquay once the sun sets, from relaxing bars and traditional pubs, to nightclubs. Alternatively visit one of the many live music venues to hear local and international acts.
Follow the link for a full list of bars and clubs and see where they can all be found:
- Flynqy Pilot Training: http://www.flynqy.co.uk/
- Newquay zoo: www.newquayzoo.org.uk
- Waterworld Swimming Pool: www.newquaywaterworld.co.uk/pools.html
- Newquay Golf Course: www.newquaygolfclub.co.uk
- Dairyland: www.dairylandfarmworld.com/
- Pirates Quest: http://piratesquest.co.uk
- Lappa Valley Steam Railway: www.lappavalley.co.uk
- Flambards: www.flambards.co.uk
- Eden Project: www.edenproject.com